Belu is a leading ethical water service provider. We take full responsibility for our products fromgeneration of raw materials to end of life, focusing on minimising our environmental impact in every aspect of our business. By championing socially and environmentally considerate business practices and basing every decision on ethics and overall planetary cost, we measure our business through a triple bottom line of people, planet and profit.
- We are completely carbon neutral across all of our products, not just our office
- We are the only UK bottled water company to measure, reduce and report our carbon footprint in an open and transparent way to achieve PAS2060, the highest standard for credible carbon neutral claims.
- We believe that importing and exporting bottled water creates unnecessary water miles, therefore we will never knowingly export our products
- Our carbon footprint is being reduced to the absolute minimum. We’re then offsetting our remaining emissions by investing in carbon reduction projects that have both social and environmental benefits
- All of our products are produced in the UK
- We have developed the lightest clear glass bottles on the market through our Ethical Glass initiative and continue to explore opportunities to make our packaging even lighter
- We also make bottles from green glass made with over 80% recycled materials, this reduces its carbon impact by a further 5% compared to clear glass
- By creating a plastic bottle made with at least 50% recycled materials we have reduced our reliance on fossil fuel and we are able to use plastic that otherwise might go to landfill
- Naturally everything we make is 100% recyclable